Energy / Nat Gas Trades
The closing prices on April 25th tell that it is time to get out of some more Energy / Nat-Gas seasonal trades that we put on in late January.
- Exit XES – S&P Oil & Gas Equipment & Services ETF – at or around April 25th close of 46.76
- Exit PXJ – PowerShares Dynamic Oil & Gas Services ETF – at or around 27.82
These two have produced significant gains. XES was entered on Jan 24th at 41.17 and resulted in 13.6% gain. PXJ was also entered on Jan 24th at 24.50 and produced 13.6% gain. PXI has given only one losing trade in nine years whereas XES lost only once in eight years.
We still have two trades open for this sector.
|ETF||Entry Date||Entry||Apr 25th Close||Paper Ret|
Market action on the Friday was strong enough to close out many Utility sector trades too. Though, all of them were profitable. Exit following trades:
- XLU – Utilities Select Sector SPDR – at or around April 25th close of 43.11 for a gain of 6.6% in 56 days
- IDU – iShares US Utilities – at or near 107.91 for a gain of 6.2% in 56 days
- RYU – Guggenheim S&P 500 Eq Weight Utilities – at or near 71.27 for a gain of 7.7% in 44 days
There is one more trade open in this sector – First Trust Utilities AlphaDEX (FXU) – with 6.1% paper profit.